Our Goal

Our Goal
To eat and provide healthier eggs that don't hurt our bodies like store bought eggs do. And better tasting eggs too! I also want to share my experiences and pass along what I find out along the way. I also pray insome way, that you are entertained or inspired, as well.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Bossy Chick Makes Herself Queen

  Okay, we are finally getting to where we REALLY need to get our chicken barn and a pen constructed. (Remember how I said we do things backward, or as we go along?)

  The chicks have gotten so big that one is crankier than it has been. I am getting suspicious of "her". She thinks she owns the waterer. It is HER throne and no one else's. She is definely the bossy one. She is one of the Black Australorps. She has more comb already than the others, hmmm.... Is 'she' a rooster, I wonder? We ordered all pullets...

  Having done a little research on the matter I found out it isn't easy to sex a chick if they aren't one of the sex link varieties. So that means there is room for error in our Australorps.

 Meanwhile I have to wait and see... I have been calling her Queenie, since she owns and sits on the waterer as 'her' throne. I really do home she's just an alpha hen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are welcome, as long as they are respectful!