Our Goal

Our Goal
To eat and provide healthier eggs that don't hurt our bodies like store bought eggs do. And better tasting eggs too! I also want to share my experiences and pass along what I find out along the way. I also pray insome way, that you are entertained or inspired, as well.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Too many soft (eggs without shells) eggs.

   It's starting to get old. My husband goes into the chicken barn early, super early, before the sun is up early, and usually finds two soft eggs. Eggs with no shells, only a membrane surrounding the egg, have been a consistent problem for a chicken in our chicken house. And yesterday, the problem compounded, there were four of them. Grrr...!!!

  I want to know which chicken is the habitual offender. From what I understand, just adding oyster shell to their diet may not do a thing. That this is an internal plumbing goof up. And that some chickens can't be "cured" of it. We have given whichever one it has usually been plenty of time to straighten out. Now we have to figure out the "who it is" part. Problem is, it happens in the night. No fair! They are already cold before my hubby gets in there. And now the chickens are eating the soft eggs. I'll add more when we find out who has the problem. There were three egg bloopers today. :(

Update: Problem solved for us! See my post called 'Chicken Eggs Without Shells (Soft Eggs) Problem Solved!'


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are welcome, as long as they are respectful!