Our Goal

Our Goal
To eat and provide healthier eggs that don't hurt our bodies like store bought eggs do. And better tasting eggs too! I also want to share my experiences and pass along what I find out along the way. I also pray insome way, that you are entertained or inspired, as well.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Pictures Of Our Pullets Out In Their New Pen

  I figure it's time to photograph the pullets.  So here they are in their beginning pen, before we had a gate. They are 7 and eight weeks old here.


This first pic is of Goldie, one of our golden comet. She is eight weeks old.


The one with a lot of white/cream and a little gold is Snowie. Also a golden comet. She is unique for her coloring I think. And that's a Cherry Egger's rear in there with her. lol. Some are trying to say Snowie is a rooster because of the amount of white/cream. I say, "I don't think so, but we shall see..." These two are also eight weeks old.


  This one is Mrs. Owl. I put the Mrs. part in her name because her coloring and Ameraucana build make her look so buff and masculine. I had to go look at others online to make sure there are really 'hens' that look like her, lol. She looks so fierce! And she is seven weeks old here.



  This golden comet and cherry egger are laying down together, facing opposite ends, and covering each other with a wing. I told my family when I showed this photo on our family website, that this is wing-hugging, lol. Too cute! And that is one of the black australorps near to them getting ready to spoil their relaxation of course. They are eight weeks old.




  Sorry for the shade here. But this is yet another golden comet. There are such differences in their shadings they are fun to have. Not to mention they each have their own personality!



   This one is Mrs. Owl's sister. At least they were bought together from the store. We are still debating if they are of the same parentage, lol. Another Americauna, shall we say. Her plumage is kind of silver gray, with a bit of brownish thrown in, and her head plumage is dark charcoal, or light black. She is also seven weeks here. She is having a lay-down here. I should have taken these before they got relaxed.

                                   
 


On the ramp is a Speckled Sussex. Look at the fascinating plumage and changes. How beautiful! I am very pleased with their appearance. Nice eye candy. She looks funny because she is reaching her head under wing, grooming herself.



  These are 2 golden comets and Mrs. Owl cooling out.



  And here is a shot of a Cherry Egger pullet at 8 weeks old. Do you get the feeling the Cherry Eggers are camera shy? And to her right you see a little bit of golden comet again...



   And this is their humble abode for now. The chicken house is eight by eight, it has a partition half wall inside with chicken wire up the rest of the way. There is an inner door to let us in to the chicken abode. The front part is for storage of their feed and litter and such. My hubby will have the chicken house wired for electricity before winter, and a real roof put on it. Plus we still have yet to make the gate into the pen...

 
  This is Queenie. Our black australorp in question. Is she a queen or a king? Now let me show you one of 'her' sisters...

  
  Well, she was too quick for me. I'll try again another day. But you can see the comb is not so visible on top of her head. You have to get closer to see it. And there's no real color in it yet either. 

  Thus concludes the tour for now! Have a great day, and may your humble beginnings prosper!
                                



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are welcome, as long as they are respectful!