Our Goal

Our Goal
To eat and provide healthier eggs that don't hurt our bodies like store bought eggs do. And better tasting eggs too! I also want to share my experiences and pass along what I find out along the way. I also pray insome way, that you are entertained or inspired, as well.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Snowy...

  Right now, our Golden Comet, Snowy, is my favorite. Whenever I pull up a chair inside the hen house she gets up the courage to come and hop onto my leg. She was scared off at first if I reciprocated by touching her, stroking her down her neck and back, and under her chin. Now she sits and loves this. She'll even lay her head on my arm that helps to keep her on my lap.

  But now, Snowy has other ideas. She loves it even better on my shoulder! Oh my, that is scarier.
And what if she poops? You know chickens, pooping is anywhere, anytime they feel like it.

  So now that's all she cares about, making it onto my shoulder. I pick her up and put her back on my leg and she goes right back onto my shoulder. And now the others are interested!

   I call our grayish silver Ameraucana Mrs. Hawk. Well Mrs. Hawk took off and flew toward my head (I was in my chair of course in the chicken house). I ducked and she hit the outside door. Wasn't SHE surprised! She has tried that a couple of more times. So I try to catch her in mid-flight. It never works. She chickens out and flies to the side of me. Others have come and sat on my leg/knee, trying to see what Snowy gets out of it. But they don't stay long, lol.

  This is one reason my son, Alex, calls me 'Crazy Chicken Lady'. Oh well! He'll get over it, I did.

2 comments:

Your comments and feedback are welcome, as long as they are respectful!