Our Goal

Our Goal
To eat and provide healthier eggs that don't hurt our bodies like store bought eggs do. And better tasting eggs too! I also want to share my experiences and pass along what I find out along the way. I also pray insome way, that you are entertained or inspired, as well.

Monday, October 1, 2012

  Finally, the day has arrived to put the chicks out in their barn! The barn is complete except the roof and the nest boxes.

  My hubby stretched a nice, thick, tarp over the top and has tied it so it isn't going anywhere, or letting in anything.

  Their indoor chicken room is full of dust from their trying out their wings and flapping. I have had to have a roost pole across the cage so that some could be on that and make room for the others to play and so forth down below.

  The downside to that is chickens don't care how and when they poop. And they are still on the starter feed with medication to prevent coccidiosis. Their poop is still runny and green. So I hate when one on the roost lets loose on the poor chicks below. Bombs away! Ewe.... so nasty! I can't wait to get them outside now, although I will have chicken gaze withdrawal symptoms.

  It will be bittersweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are welcome, as long as they are respectful!