Our Goal

Our Goal
To eat and provide healthier eggs that don't hurt our bodies like store bought eggs do. And better tasting eggs too! I also want to share my experiences and pass along what I find out along the way. I also pray insome way, that you are entertained or inspired, as well.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Medicated Chick Starter Feed A Problem?

  Okay, I am getting obsessed with these little creatures! I love gazing at them and watching their interaction with each other when they are up and about. And I never new chicks and chickens like to be touching when the sleep. They are not the creatures I thought they would be at all! They are quite amusing.

  They also get feathers way quicker than I knew as well.

  Also, when one gets out, good luck chasing it. My goodness, they are fast! I always have to have one of my sons help me corral it.

  I am not a fan of chicken poop though. It seems this medicated feed causes runny, green poops. None of the chickens are sick. So I believe it's the medication in their starter crumbles. So annoying!!! And at least one has to jump on top of the waterer and poop all down the sides and into the water. They have me cleaning the feeder and waterer like crazy! But they look and act fine. I have researched chicken diarhea causes, but the chicks don't have any other symptoms so they are fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are welcome, as long as they are respectful!